Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Turtle Applique quilt

See this little flannel baby quilt? It's the project that got me back in the sewing groove. (See Leif? He's the munchkin that put me back in the baby groove--hehe. )

I finished this blanket 3 months ago and I didn't get around to taking a picture until today, hence the disheveled "just barely pulled out of the crib "look.

I enjoyed making this so much that I decided to tackle a little bit harder block type quilt that I'm working on now, whenever I have a spare moment. I'll share it soon. Hope these sewing posts don't bore everyone to tears. Sewing is my favorite hobby of the moment. I rotate through my hobbies on a regular basis-- do you?

4 comments:

EllaJac said...

OH I want to sew so badly these days. It's just not working out. I even had to *gasp* buy a baby gift for a shower this week. A fantastic gift, to be sure, but I miss putting in the time making things!

The quilt you made is amazing!

Unknown said...

I was just despairing the dust on my beading stuff this morning. I have had NO time for hobbies this entire summer. I have decided something else has to go - schooling? church calling? self-employment? what?

sariah said...

Hmmm...maybe politics, Modern Woodmen...

I know that I was about ready on Saturday morning to say to heck with MW. I really didn't want to go into Twin at 7:00 in the morning to decorate for a financial carnival! But once I was there I relented on my hasty opinion. It is such a great thing but sometimes it keeps us too busy. I REALLY wanted to stay home and sew on Sat.(and clean the house too....sort of)

Kimberly said...

I still really want to make a few Christmas quilts but I don't have the guts to start... One of these days maybe I'll come to your house.