Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Small town shopping

The other day, Reagan and I stopped for a few groceries at the small store in our town. I always feel like I've stepped back in time when I walk on the wooden boardwalk to reach the door, it's cowbell (or sheep bell?) jangling to announce my entrance. High ceilings, creaky wooden floors, open bins of nails and bolts, pallets of chicken feed, and open 5 gallon buckets of various dried beans share the store with the normal groceries I'm there to pick up. It seems surreal to me that places like this still exist, only 1 hour away from Boise! I thought I'd share a couple pictures I took. I tried to do it discreetly with my phone because I didn't want to be recognized as a total city slicker-- taking pictures like I'm a tourist or something. :-)







1 comment:

Jeffrey and Sariah said...

It actually looks like a Russian village store...a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Although we don't have A&W root beer in any of the stores here and I can see some on the shelves in one of your pictures.