Monday, January 14, 2013

Healthy eating

I've been trying to eat healthier lately (haven't we all!) and I thought I'd share one of my favorite vegetable dishes : Oven roasted brussel sprouts. Just toss quartered sprouts with some olive oil, cook at 375 on a cookie sheet stirring once or twice and until some are slightly crispy and browned. I squeeze fresh lemon or lime over them and sprinkle with salt. I could eat this 2 or 3 times a week, no problem. Except there actually is a slight problem. Brussels sprouts are in the cabbage family and they stink like cabbage when being cooked! When asked, my friend remarked my house smelled like a really stale diaper after I made them for lunch. Lovely. II just try to eat them when I don't think any one is coming to visit. :-) So try it! You'll love them but not their aroma.

1 comment:

lawdy said...

I hAVE BEEN MAKING THOSE LATELY TOO. i MISS YOU TONS. WAAAAAH, WAAAH, I MEAN IT. ALONG WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS, I HAVE ALSO BEEN EATING A LOT OF OREOS. WORKING ON A POEM IN MY HEAD ABOUT HOW OREOS ARE THOSE SILKEN THREADS THE DEVILS ENSNARES ME WITH, THEN THEY TURN TO CHAINS, WHICH I TAKE WITH ME, ON MY THIGHS TO THE GRAVE. PLEASANT, NO?