Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flying Ant Invasion

I went out to the garage to finish up this quilt yesterday and realized I had a problem.


Flying ants were invading my whole garage! They were crawling all over the carpet, on my sewing desk, the ironing board, buzzing around the light fixture! Yuck!! I vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed some more. When I finally gave up and started sewing I kept having one land on my hand or crawl on the quilt. It was so annoying that it actually struck me as funny.
But even though I'm complaining, actually, I am truly thankful that I have a space to sew and make a creative mess in. Really. Even if that space is a windowless garage that also contains a chest freezer, tubs of out of season clothes and Christmas decor, the electric piano (the garage makes a nice sound proof practice room for times when the baby is asleep) AND 500 flying ants. I'm just counting my blessings-- it could be black widows.

1 comment:

Mommab said...

Wow, I know the feeling, I've had them that bad in my house, but for some reason they haven't been as bad the last few years. ;-}