Monday, July 26, 2010

Red Rock Country

Our trip to Utah last week included an afternoon exploring Capitol Reef.  Wow.  It was so much fun!  Truth be told, I wasn't too excited about visiting a hot desert full of a bunch of hot rocks, until we got there.  (I'm a wimp when it comes to hot)  But the miles of rock formations were so amazing, eerie and beautiful, all at the same time, that I was certainly won over.  By the time we arrived, clouds and distant thunderstorms were moving in and it didn't turn out to be hot at all.  



We walked up the Sulphur River.....
......enjoying the gruvuulous mud along the way.
 
Heidi and her sweet cousin, Sofia.

Leif was a happy little cherub the whole day.

Here's the whole gang!
We stopped for ice cream on the way home and Joel and I were asked if they were all ours.  I hadn't thought until then of the picture we made as 11 of us piled in and out of the Suburban all day.   :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! I love that muddy water. We brought a bottle home from a gully washer in Arizona a couple of years ago. All of the red has been bleached out of it now. Strange