Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas in Arizona






We had some unexpected events happen lately. Joel's mother took a turn for the worse in her fight with cancer. We decided to come down to Phoenix before Christmas instead of after, like originally planned, so that we could see her. After getting down here, we've decided to prolong our stay. So we'll probably wait to have "Christmas" on New Year's instead. It has been great to visit with family and help take care of Grandma Pearson- bittersweet, but very good.
When we first arrived it poured and poured-for almost 3 days- very unusual for Arizona! I don't think I've ever been here when it has even sprinkled. When the rain finally stopped, my sister-in-law and I decided to take the kids for a hike in the White Tanks to see a waterfall that usually only flows after a rain. It was so much fun! It was about 62 degrees and the desert was very green and lush. We could see all the way to the other side of the valley because the air was so clean and fresh. I love Arizona on days like that. By the way,I can't get my pictures to move around like I usually do- it's not my regular computer and I can't seem to figure it out. So all the photos of our hike are at the top of my post.
I can't check my email from here, so if you want to say hi just leave me a comment. We miss you all up in Idaho! Hope you have a great Christmas!

5 comments:

lawdy said...

Hi Sariah,
Havs came over yesterday so we had a good visit and she gave me some updates from her visits with you. I think it's so good that your family can be there in Arizona right now. I hope all goes smoothly, as it can. We miss you. Merry Christmas.oh, lucy and linc keep asking if we're gonna see Heidi and Reagan, and I keep telling them you're far away.

Paige said...

Sariah....The warm weather of Arizona is sounding quite tempting right now. I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I'm so glad you are able to spend time with her now. We just went through this recently with Steve's dad. We are so grateful for the time we were able to spend with him towards the end of his time here on earth. Our little family will cherish those memories forever.

Enjoy Arizona and we look forward to hearing from you when you get back to Idaho. Merry Christmas!

Jeffrey and Sariah said...

Sariah-Have a very Merry (snowless and warm)Christmas! I am sure your kids will have special memories of their Christmas in Arizona. Enjoy your time with family!
Sariah

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Sariah... I cannot believe that I stumbled across your blog. Its Cynthia... from high school. I was adding pictures to my blog and thought I'd look around at others and yours came up. What are the odds!?! Its been years since we've last talked or wrote. I think of you quite often (especially since I'm living back in the desert and many of my memories here include you.) I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. How nice that you were all able to come down to the desert to spend the holidays with her and your family!

Now I know of your blog we can keep in touch. I'd love to hear about your life over the years...

K. Lou said...

Glad you can enjoy some warm weather while the rest of us are still trying to get warm. Sorry to hear about your mom-in-law. HOpe you guys have a good holiday! Best wishes!