Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In love with Oregon.....

We spent a week visiting the coast of Oregon.  It's the first time my kids have ever seen and experienced the ocean.  It was so amazing!  I was feeling bad that they were so old before getting to the ocean, but in a way, it certainly made it very special.  The first morning Leif, Reagan and I walked down to the foggy, stormy beach.  It seemed so mysterious and unreal.  Reagan was amazed and in awe said "The ocean is way bigger than I ever thought!  I'm so glad you took me here Mom!"  I whole heartedly agreed.  

I grew up going to the ocean when my family lived in North Carolina, California and Okinawa, but it's been so long that it was all new again.  I could spend hours watching the waves come rolling in and crash against the rocks. 

The kids could spend hours jumping in the waves-- and they did.

l



I'll post more photos of Oregon later......this computer is taking forever to upload pictures.......

2 comments:

Jeffrey and Sariah said...

Hi Sariah! Beautiful pictures. Your kids look so big.

mama of many said...

Wow! Such amazing pictures!!! Let's go there together next summer...PLEASE!!!