Monday, August 10, 2009

Our new roosters

Here's some pictures of the chickens we got this spring as little chicks. They've grown a lot and now we've found out that the 2 unsexed banties we purchased are roosters. Darn. But they are still cute, especially their adolescent attempts at crowing. All the chickens are so much fun. I think they make much better pets than a dog. And what dog gives you eggs every day? In the video at the bottom, listen and you can hear the duck quacking in the background.



4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm totally jealous. Maybe I can sneak some in my back yard!

sariah said...

I had some chickens when we lived in our house on Mt. View Drive. :-) Our neighbors had some too! They even had a rooster, but they put it in a box in the garage every night. I think you can get away with chickens in town if your neighbors are nice, you give them eggs sometimes, and you just keep hens which are relatively quiet.

MisoMama said...

It might be worth the try... But angry mean neighbors aren't fun.

Unknown said...

Gardens and chickens...I wish I could keep something other than my children alive and growing! Thanks for the info on gardening...still not sure if I can do it. Maybe you can come to Japan and tend a garden for me! That would be ideal!!