Monday, May 11, 2009

Rhubarb


Heidi told me she found an edible umbrella in the garden. Some of my kids are like me and like to eat tangy stringy rhubarb right off the bush. Rhubarb always reminds me of horseback riding with my cousin. I'd grab a stalk from the garden before we went for a ride. She only had one horse and I always rode in the back (because it was her horse, she got to "steer"). So I'd hold onto my cousin's waist with one hand and eat my rhubarb with the other, taking in the view of the Nebraska countryside as we rode along. Great summer memories.....

3 comments:

mitzi said...

That reminds me that I need to get some rhubarb planted...

SonOfATurtle said...

The flavor of plain rhubarb has always made me fell kinda sick, but when you cover it in strawberry's and sugar and put in a pie, it is so good.

MisoMama said...

How cool!
I have been meaning to ask you: do you want the attachments that go to the kitchen aid?